Those of us who own businesses, corporations, and commercial or residential investment real estate assets are often reluctant to sell because of capital gains taxes associated with the sale. But what other choice do we have other than a property exchange directed by a Qualified Intermediary? Is there another way to deal with the capital gains tax deficits that so many investors experience when they sell their real estate assets? The answer may lie in the Deferred Sales Trust™
The Deferred Sales Trust™ has the ability to generate substantially more money over the long run than a direct and taxed sale. It is also superior to a direct installment sale as the concerns of a defaulting buyer are eliminated.
- Tax Deferral: When appreciated property is sold, tax on gain is deferred until receipt of payments.
- Estate Tax Benefits: Accomplishes an estate freeze for estate tax purposes.
- Maintains Family Wealth: Helps to maintain wealth within the family.
- Estate Liquidity: Converts an illiquid asset into monthly payments.
- Retirement Income: provides a stream of income for retirement.
- Probate Avoidance: With proper estate planning.